We'd love to hear from you if you have a question. Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively we've answered a few of the frequently asked ones below:
Why should I use the site?
• Find specialists that can either treat your injury or help prevent you getting one.
• Over 9,000 sports injury specialists can be searched together.
• Not restricted to one profession e.g. Physio. All relevant professions included.
• Multiple filter options, including the ability to filter by sports or injury specialism and the ability to see and leave reviews.
• Short of time? 'Post My Problem' means you can get the specialists that can help contacting you.
• It's free
• Quick to sign up and free to use.
• There is no charge to you for clients contacting you through our website.
• Opportunity to personalise your business page and for each specialist.
• Free promotion through reviews left by your satisfied customers.
• Our marketing campaign will ensure SportsInjuryFix.com is the go to site on the Internet when searching for sports injury specialists.
• No downside to being on the website but if you're not then referrals will go to those that are.
• There is no tie in or notice period.
How does it work?
It is free to search for sports injury specialists. You are able to filter the results by location, distance, service required, injury, private health insurances accepted, and expertise in treating injuries associated with a particular sport.
Alternatively, you can 'post my problem', describing your injury. Sports Injury Fix will send this to relevant specialists in your local area who will then contact you directly if they can assist or provide advice. You can save the details of your injury, along with information about previous injuries for future use saving the frustration of having to explain this each time and providing important information for any treatment.
How should I choose a specialist?
It can be confusing to know who to go with so take your time. Feel free to contact and meet more than one provider, use the reviews on this website and don't be afraid to say no if it doesn't feel right. If there is no improvement in your injury then most specialists will be happy to recommend a different approach to take or refer you to someone else.
Physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors and podiatrists are all regulated and have to meet minimum standards for their training, professional skills, behaviour and health.
In order to operate in the UK by law physiotherapists and podiatrists are required to be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC), Osteopaths with the General Osteopathic Council and Chiropractors with the General Chiropractic Council.
For professions that aren't regulated such as Sports Therapy or Sports Massage then you should seek to use a provider that is a member of an industry association such as the Sports Massage Association, British Association of Sports Rehabilitators & Trainers, or Sports Therapy Association that help set and maintain high standards.
There are also voluntary registers accredited by the professional standards authority for Health and Social care such as the Federation of Holistic Therapists or Complentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
Always check that their qualifications and insurance are up to date and all of the associations will let you search on their website to confirm members details.
We only want responsible and professional specialist on Sports Injury Fix and thus if you have a bad experience then please let us know. Please write a review of whoever you choose to help inform the decisions of others.
How do I sign up?
The website is free to use and sign up for everybody. Users can search for free or alternatively can register to post a problem via the ‘Register’ button. Businesses can sign up for free using the 'Register' tab in the top right hand corner of the home page.
Is it really free?
The website has been set up in response to frustrations with trying to find good treatment for sports injuries so I wanted to create a website that put it all in one place, explained the options and was free to access. We will always maintain the free access for people to find treatment providers. We seek to cover our costs through things such as affiliate deals and non intrusive relevant advertising. Options will be considered as long as it doesn't change the ethos of the site. If you wish to make us an offer then please contact email@example.com
How do I remove my business listing?
The website aggregates open source information of sports injury specialists. We are aware that not all businesses want free marketing and referrals and thus listings can be removed by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org